This course has two parts and it is mandatory to attend both.
Part One: 30 November – 1 December (Thur-Friday)
Part Two: 1 March 2018 (Thur)
Transactional analysis (TA) is a way of making sense of the relational aspects of teaching and learning in both the classroom and staffroom contexts. Leading on from the behaviour-focused courses in the NUT programme, this certificated training will provide participants with:
- psychological models for encouraging healthy emotional development
- material for using TA directly with students and developing a whole school strategy
- ideas for getting the best out of pupils, parents and colleagues
- tools to look beyond behaviour management and into relationships and pedagogy
- the internationally recognised Introductory Certificate in Transactional Analysis
The course is divided into two parts allowing participants to try techniques and ideas back in the classroom and then reflect on their practice.