Throughout the month of January, there is a repeat of last year’s competition. Information can be obtained by clicking on the link above.
- The theme of this year’s Holocaust Memorial Day is ‘Torn from Home’.
- This can be interpreted in a very wide way. Children can present a piece of artwork, a poem, a letter etc.
- The work can be done in school or as homework.
- The 3 prize winners will receive Meadowhall vouchers and will be invited to the Barnsley event at Horizon Community College 6pm Monday 28th January where the Mayor will present the prizes.
- Work needs to be passed to the NEU office by Wednesday 23rd January or contact George Arthur email@example.com or 07985028003 to arrange collection.”
It is a fantastic opportunity to link the curriculum to explore and promote positive attitudes. A varied bank of resources are available for both primary and secondary pupils. Activities can be completed as a seal session, assembly or other creative lesson.
Useful resources can be found by following the link including interviews and first person accounts