This course is designed for all newly qualified teachers and early career teachers who want to work with others to build effective classroom management skills and to improve behaviour for learning.
By the end of the course, we aim to support you to:
- better understand pedagogy and relationships;
- identify further behaviour/classroom organisation strategies that work;
- explore communication, power and the language of choice;
- extend your knowledge and understanding of different types of behaviour;
- prepare lessons which move pupils on in their learning;
- address attainment inequalities;
- prepare a small project/profile focusing on a group of learners of your choice.
Who should apply: NQTs in their induction year of teaching and teachers in their first three years of teaching.
Date: Friday 24th to Saturday 25th November 2017
Venue: Stock Rochford Hall (Residential)
Fee: Free for NUT members, £150 for non members
For more information, visit the NUT website.